Monday, December 8, 2008

Turkey Day!

I love this time of year! Great food, great friends and great family. It was Rories very first Thanksgiving and we went down to Levan to spend the day with Jakes family. Jakes younger sister (the one just down in line from him) recently got engaged (YAY!) so her fiance and his entire family joined us for dinner. We had such a large group that the only place big enough for us was the church cultural hall (only in Utah...).


This is a picture of Tory (Beth's Fiance), and Jake's sisters Andrea and Katie


Since Jake and I wanted to enjoy our meal without Rories grabby hands, we decided to strip her down to a onesie, give her some potatoes, and just let her go nuts. By the end of it she was covered from head to toe, but the pictures were priceless!




With potatoe in every conceivable crevice the only thing we could do was strip her down and stick her in the sink. It was her first experiance haveing a real situp bath and she LOVED it! It took her a few minutes to figure out that if she put her hands down really fast she could splash water all over but when she did I, and the counter were soon soaked. My cries of protest only seemed to egg her on and by the end there was more water outside of the sink than in.
We went back home that night because Jake had to work a half day on Friday, and I had some Black Friday shopping to do. It was my first experiance with Black Friday and I can safely assume that it is my last. I have never seen such a downright brutal and disgusting display in all my life. By the time I left they had already called in the Police and an ambulance...CRAZY. That evening we got to go to our friends the Petersons. All of the kids were home for the weekend and we had a great time visiting with everyone.
We hope that everyone had a great Holiday and we are so excited to see all of our Marquette friends and Family in just a couple of weeks!



HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1 comment:

The Shirleys said...

I didn't realize you had a blog! and if I did I didn't realize that I did. ANyway, I love the picture of Rorie in the sink!

Thanks for posting the Thanksgiving pictures too. I keep trying to get those girls to start a blog so I can see the pictures, but it hasn't happened yet.

I am glad you are doing well!