Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rorie Turns Two!

As hard as it is to believe this month marked Rories 2nd birthday! Since the weekend before her birthday also happened to be our last weekend in Marquette before we left for Chicago, we decided to have a big party with all of Rories friends at a local park.

The party was fish themed to honor Rories love of all things aquatic. A couple of weeks before her party I found an adorable goldfish table cloth while shopping at Target (I just love that store!) and the whole party grew from there. We had fish placemats, plates and cupcakes. We even had a fish bowl cake!

The weather couldnt have been better...except for the gail strength winds that kicked up shortly after the party started. One particularly strong gust kidnapped all 48 hand decorated cupcakes and proceeded to smash them to bits on the ground. I was disapointed to say the least, but my dad saved the day by running to the store for replacements. Other than a few other minor wind related incidents, the party was a great success. Rorie had a fun evening at the park with her friends and she got some amazingly thoughtful gifts.

Here are a few pictures of the big day:


My sister Ashley with her boyfriend Joe

Rorie in her Birthday outfit opening a present from Sammy.

Rorie's friend Eliza and her Dad, enjoying some Pizza.

Logan was pretty serious about his pizza consumption!

Sammy supporting a frosting mustache.

SLIIIIDDE!

Rorie really wanted to climb with the big kids.

The sad cupcakes...if you look closely you can see the dirt on them.


A "before" picture of the cupcakes...so cute...sigh.


The fish bowl cake. I was pretty proud of myself. The top started to melt a little but overall I thought it was a pretty good. Teva thought it was pretty cool too (note the dog nose in the bottom left corner).

I am so lucky to have such an amazing daughter and it was a blast helping her celebrate her special day. I hope that all of her birthdays can be this much fun!

1 comment:

The Shirleys said...

I love the fish bowl cake! You are so creative and daring. I wouldn't attempt such a cake, but you pulled it off. I think the cupcakes were so cute too.

Happy be-lated birthday Rorie!