Monday, August 12, 2013

Family Pictures & Deployment

I think that a year of no posting cinches the "Worlds Worst Blogger" title for me. I always have the best of intentions, but for some reason, updating the blog-sphere of our shenanigans just never makes it to the top of the list. This year is going to be different! I know most of you are probably rolling your eyes, citing my many "I'll be better" claims as evidence that NOTHING will change, but this time I have a lot of added incentive. 

As most of you know, Jake is deploying this month. This has been a long time coming, we knew as soon as we moved here that August 2013 was going to be the beginning of our first full deployment as a military family. Somehow in 2011 this date seemed very far away. Now its here and all that is left are the last minute purchases of shampoo and beef jerky before we have to say goodbye for eight long months. sigh. 

I feel a need to chronicle all the time that we will be apart so that he can look back at the posts and pictures and hopefully feel a part of it all. Plus, it will be one more deployment activity that will keep my hands and mind busy during the long months ahead. I hope that you will all follow along with our next big adventure!

Now for family pictures! I have to give our photographer, Lynette of Lynette Nicolas Photography, huge props for putting up with my crazy kids and husband. It took a lot of editing magic, but we got some beautiful images!



Rorie was pretty concerned we were going to get run over by a train...


 Everyone is looking at the camera AND SMILING?! BOOM!


 My girls are B-E-A- UTIFUL!


This is my favorite group shot! It might not be perfect, but that is life with kids. At least we are all looking at the camera!

 I love this one SO MUCH. Its great to have awesome pictures of the two of us. It happens so rarely. I even love Jake's goofy face.


 This one makes me a little emotional. I cant believe how old my baby girl is! I have no idea how she got to be this gorgeous!

 Sometimes he makes me laugh!


A little mommy-daughter time


This one is entitled "Real Life". One of the last of the shoot, after Noa ripped apart her hair bow, jumped in a fountain and Rorie declared that she was "bored of smiling". Family is a beautiful thing!

Love,
The Kenisons

2 comments:

The Shirleys said...

I love your new family pictures! I especially love the picture of you and Jake.
For the record I know exactly how Rorie got to be so beautiful. All you have to so is look at you in the pictures and it is clear where she got it. You look really pretty in these pictures. (Jake is cute too. :0)

I am excited to see all you are up to and feel free to call anytime you need to talk. I know about not having a husband around for extended periods of time. Good Luck and hang in there! We love you all!!

G-pa & G-ma K said...

Love the family picts! I really want a couple for my wall. Could you send email them to me and I can have whatever size I want made up. Rorie looks like a little model!